Food Safety Management Systems
What is ISO 22000:2005?
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption. It is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size, which are involved in any aspect of the food chain and want to implement systems that consistently provide safe products. The means of meeting any requirements of ISO 22000:2005 can be accomplished through the use of internal and/or external resources.
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements to enable an organization to:
- Plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer
- Demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- Evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain
- Ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy
- Demonstrate such conformity to relevant interested parties
- Seek certification or registration of its food safety management system by an external organization, or make a self-assessment or self-declaration of conformity to ISO 22000:2005.
What is the cost of Preparation to ISO 22000:2005?
A guidance price list is provided as part of our information pack. For a fixed, written quotation however, we require a few more details. These can be submitted to JIT Consulting limited via a short questionnaire, Email or telephone. An information pack about certification services can also be requested by telephone or from by clicking here.